Tuesday 18 December 2012

13 For 2013: I - Mt. Wolf

Seeing as December lists are what people do these days, here's another one: 13 bands to look out for this coming year. I say 'to look out for' intentionally. I'm no musical Mystic Meg; 'tipping' any of the following for any success wouldn't mean anything coming from me. But still, check them out. 

Though in no particular order, starting with number 1 seems the sensible and uncontroversial choice. I'll use Roman numerals actually, instant list credibility.



I: Mt. Wolf
A promising London-based quartet, gradually amassing the plaudits with airplay on XFM and consistently positive reviews for their debut Life Size Ghosts EP. 'Dreamfolk', they call it. Think Purity Ring meets Sigur Rós. No album is in the works just yet, with the band working instead on a follow-up EP. But that's fine, because if they produce anything of the quality of 'Life Size Ghosts' in 2013, big things await.

Read my Angle-published review of their EP here.



EDIT: A Spotify playlist of the 13 for 2013- one song each - 13 for 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment